Luis R.G. Oliveira
Department of Philosophy
505 Agnes Arnold Hall
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204
American Philosophical Association (APA)
Society for Exact Philosophy (SEP)
Society for Applied Philosophy (SAP)
Sociedade Brasileira de Filosofia Analítica (SBFA)
Asociacíon Latinoamericana de Filosofía Analítica (ALFA)
I am an Assistant Professor in the philosophy department at the University of Houston. I work in epistemology, ethics, metaethics, and philosophy of religion. I received my Ph.D. in 2016 from UMass Amherst.
I am the category editor for Reliabilism at PhilPapers and a small branch in a distinguished Philosophy Tree.
- (forthcoming) "W.K. Clifford," Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Philosophy of Religion.
- (forthcoming) "Ampliative Transmission and Deontological Internalism," Pacific Philosophical Quarterly.
- (forthcoming) "Cornell Realism, Explanation, and Natural Properties." European Journal of Philosophy (w/ Timothy Perrine)
- (2017) "Deontological Evidentialism, Wide-Scope, and Privileged Values," Philosophical Studies 174 (2): 485-506
- (2016) "Rossian Totalism About Intrinsic Value," Philosophical Studies 173 (8): 2069-2086
- (2015) "Non-Agential Permissibility in Epistemology," Australasian Journal of Philosophy 93(2): 389-394.
- (forthcoming) "Como Ser um Naturalista Filosófico Responsável," Fundamento: Revista de Pesquisa em Filosofia.
- (2018) Colloquium at Eastern APA (Savannah) - "Skeptical Theism and the Paradox of Evil."
- (2017) 7th Annual Values in Medicine, Science, and Technology Conference (UT Dallas) - "Crowd-Sourcing Targeting Algorithms" (co-authored with Heidi Furey)
- (2017) Society for Exact Philosophy (Calgary) - "Skeptical Theism and the Paradox of Evil"
- (2017) Philosophy and Film Series at the Luna Theater (Lowell) - "What Would it Take to Really Be John Malkovich?" (Poster)
- (2017) The Problem of Evil and the Hiddenness of God Conference (Brazil) - "Skeptical Theism and the Paradox of Evil" and "How to be a Philosophical Naturalist". (Poster) - Co-Keynote with Steve Wykstra.
- (2017) Workshop on Analytic Philosophy of Religion (Brazil) - Co-Leader with Steve Wykstra.
- (2017) Colloquium at Central APA (Kansas City) - "Expressing the 'Ought' of Most Reason." Thanks to Kenny Shields (Missouri) for his comments.
- (2017) Colloquium at Eastern APA (Baltimore) - "Deontological Evidentialism and the Principle that Ought Implies Can." Thanks to Liz Jackson (Notre Dame) for her comments.
- (2016) Reason and Agency Conference (Toronto) - "Deontological Evidentialism and the Principle that Ought Implies Can." Thanks to Emma McClure (Toronto) for her comments.
- (2016) Colloquium at Eastern APA (Washington) - "On Evading the Deontic Puzzle." Thanks to Greg Antill (UCLA) for his comments.